What Personal Information About Customers Does This Site Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at this site.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses this site. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit websites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at this site if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features in the purchasing process, personalized greetings, and storage of items in your shopping cart between visits.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of this site's coolest features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does This Site Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with our affiliated businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that we are acquired or assigned, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Our Store and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of this company, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Which Information Can I Access?
This site gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with this site for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
This site does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use this site only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit this site, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms and Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Washington. If you have any concern about privacy at this site, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Terms and Conditions of Use will change also. We may email periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, bid, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through this site or one of our third-party sellers; make an auction bid or purchase; provide information in your account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one email address when shopping with us) or about you; communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; provide employer information when opening a corporate account. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; people (with addresses and phone numbers); email addresses of other people; content of reviews and emails to us; and financial information, including Social Security and driver's license numbers.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links from Google); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at this site include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, communications preferences, and address book); payment settings (including credit card information and gift certificate, gift card, and check balances); email notification settings; guides, and personal profile.
What information is collected & processed?
Safeway Medical Supply and/or their website service provider (Lightspeed), may collect and process personal and non-personal information from you when you register on the site, place orders, submit requests for estimates, submit requests for prices, subscribe to newsletters, respond to surveys, interact with internal and external links, or fill out forms. Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person. Non-personal information is data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual.
Consumer Data Protection
Additionally, Safeway Medical Supply compiles and maintains its own customer database, which is separate and apart from information compiled and maintained by Lightspeed.
What categories of personal information are collected and processed?
We may collect and process the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers such as your real name, alias, email address, postal address, phone number, credit card number, IP address, and similar identifiers
- Select Information in Customer Records including name, address, telephone number, education, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, etc.
- Commercial Information such as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other consuming histories and tendencies
- Internet or Electronic Network Activity including but not limited to browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with the Internet website, application, or advertisement
- Geolocation Data
- Professional or Employment-Related Information
- Education Information
- Inferences made from any of the above categories to create a profile reflecting a consumer’s preferences, predispositions, behavior, abilities, etc.
For what purposes may your information be used?
Lightspeed exchanges personal and non-personal information with Safeway Medical Supply for one or more of the following purposes:
- To respond to requests for estimates and prices
- To answer inquiries regarding services, products, or other information requests
- To improve the website based on the information and feedback received from you
- To improve customer service by more effectively responding to your customer service requests and support needs
- To post public reviews and testimonials you submit
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature
- To send periodic emails, which will include an option to opt-out anytime by updating your preferences
The email address that you provide for any forms on the website may be used to send information and updates pertaining to your specific request, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
How do we collect information?
We obtain personal information from the following sources:
- Directly from you through the information you enter on our website forms or disclose through an email
- Indirectly through cookies, tracking scripts, web analytics data, interactions with our advertisers, and third-party applications running on our website such as web-based messengers
How to request access, change, move, or delete your personal data?
Use this form to submit a request to access, change, move, or delete personal data collected by Safeway Medical Supply or Lightspeed. You must contact Safeway Medical Supply for requests regarding personal data collected and processed by Safeway Medical Supply.
How do I request that my information not be sold?
Safeway Medical Supply does not sell your personal information. You may submit a request to opt-out of the sale of your information by Safeway Medical Supply.
Are cookies used?
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. Cookies are used to help remember and process the items in your shopping cart and understand and save your preferences for future visits.
Information collected by cookies and other technologies is treated as non-personal information. However, to the extent that Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or similar identifiers are considered personal information by local or federal law, these identifiers are also treated as personal information.
Is any information disclosed to outside parties?
Your personal information is not sold to outside parties by Safeway Medical Supply, except we may transfer your personal information to outside parties as a part of facilitating normal business between you and Safeway Medical Supply. Your personal information may be released when the release is necessary to comply with legal requirements. Your personal information may also be released if the disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce the Terms & Conditions of Use or to protect company operations or site users. Non-personal visitor information may be provided to outside parties for marketing, advertising or other uses.
Third-Party Sites and Services
The website, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. The services may also use or offer products or services from third-parties. Information collected by third-parties, which may include location data or contact details, is governed by each third-party’s respective privacy practices. You are encouraged to read the privacy practices of those third-parties.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Necessary precautions are in place to comply with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. Except for the aforementioned circumstances, your personal information will not be distributed to outside parties without your consent.
California Consumer Privacy Act
This website is in compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act. Visitors may request access and changes to their personal information and request that their information is not sold. Per our terms and conditions, users must be sixteen (16) years of age or older to use the website. The website, products, and services are all directed to people who are at least 16 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect information from anyone under 16 years of age. If it becomes known that information was collected from a child under the age of 16, the necessary steps will be taken to delete the information as soon as reasonably possible.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
This site is in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act); information from anyone under thirteen (13) years of age is not knowingly collected. Per our terms and conditions, users must be sixteen (16) years of age or older to use our website. If it becomes known that information was collected from a child under the age of 16, the necessary steps will be taken to delete the information as soon as reasonably possible.
Safeway Medical Supply Contact Information
Address: 1212 Westheimer Rd, Houston Texas 77006